Thursday, November 13, 2008

'Casting Decisions

Well, I cannot figure out whether I want to do a plain audio podcast or if I want to do a video. There are a lot of factors involved in this decision actually.

I am ultimately more comfortable just doing an audio podcast, but unless I am doing one of my long and dry game reviews (which are not going to be dry anymore, I swear) I will not have enough content to feel comfortable posting it. i am so used to seeing podcasts that are about 20-30 minutes long, and I just don;t have that much to say. I doubt I will be doing any interviews in the near future, but that is the only way I think I could flesh the sucker out.

On the other hand, I have a decent video camera (good enough quality that I could post the video on youtube) and videos tend to be shorter than their audio only counterparts. There is also the added bonus of actually being able to show you the product I am talking about. I have no video editing skills however, and I can pretty much guarantee that the video will be lame beyond belief.

In the end, I really do not know which format I will choose. I think audio will win out, and in the end the decision is not one that is important at the moment. I lack readers and listeners, though I keep noticing some of my followers from so long ago popping up on my StatCounter.com account. You know who you are Greely, Colorado (or person from somewhere in that region).

No comments: